Thursday, March 4, 2010

And how do you feel about that...???

Jon and I are going through the interview part of our home study. Apparently we are talkers because we each had to schedule a second interview. It seems that most people can finish theirs in one meeting. The interviews are a little bit like therapy. She asks a general question like "how do you feel about your childhood?" and you ramble on until you realize you've been talking for 10minutes straight or until she has to get a new pen because she's taking so many notes she ran out of ink! I finished mine this week (thank you Corrie for babysitting) and Jon will finish his on Monday. We have our fire inspection Tuesday and are in the process of scheduling our final interview. Our social worker will come to the house for that one. She will talk to both of us, inspect the house and even talk to Ben. Once that is done, all thats left is for her to write the report and our home study will be done!
Ben has been all about a sister recently. Every time I leave the house he asks me if I'm going to get his sister. I keep telling him she wont be here for a while, but he doesn't have any concept of time yet. I finally told him she wont be here until he turns 4. I knew I made a mistake as soon as I said that because now, at random times of the day, he'll say, "when I turn 4 I can have my cake and get a sister?" So now we are working on she wont be here for his birthday, but she should be here at some point when he is 4.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

How cute is Ben?? I'm glad he's as excited as you are.

I had fun watching the boys!