Saturday, April 17, 2010

Frustration

Our social worker came back from vacation last Monday. She gave me a call and I filled her in on the new agency and the grant. I asked her how the home study was going and when it would be done.
She told me we are top on her list of things to do, but if an emergency comes up or her boss gives her something to do, she has to do that first.
Ok, so when (approximately) will it be done?
Well, they have had budget cuts and people have left the department so they have more work than normal.
Ok, so give me your best guess, when will the home study be done?
Well, even though our application was received in January, it wasn't marked as received until February 5th. As long as its done before June 5th, her supervisor will be happy.
So it wont be done until June 5th???
It might be done sooner.

Thats where I'm at with Bellefaire.

We have sent in our application to the new agency as well as the application fee, openness questionnaire and some other miscellaneous forms. We also did our own profile. The agency typically does them, but since we are so open and could be matched so quickly, they suggested we do our own so we wont be waiting on them in case the home study gets done sooner than later. Not to brag, but the profile is amazing. Jon helped me out with a few professional touches and it looks just as good as the professional ones the agency puts together. I'm actually quite impressed with myself! As soon as the home study is done, it can be shown to the birth moms and hopefully someone will love us and pick us.

As annoyed and as anxious as I am, I have a wonderful husband that keeps reminding me we are on Gods time frame, not ours. The delay at Bellefaire is for a reason. We just have to keep reminding me that God is in control and we'll have our girl before we know it!

No comments: