Thursday, July 29, 2010

Strike 2

I was on the phone yesterday with our social worker and she happened to mention a mom that was at Metro hospital who gave birth to a girl Tuesday night. She decided not to keep the baby and the agency had a social worker on her way to Metro to talk to her. It never occurred to me that they would place babies born in Cleveland. I found out they actually go to Metro and Fairview quite a bit. Unfortunately (for us), the mom picked an African American family for her baby. They were the only AA family on the list so I guess with every baby we get closer and closer, but that doesn't really make it any easier. Our social worker tried to stay positive for me. She reminded me that August and September are the busiest months for them--all the New Years babies! Last week I talked to a friend of mine that recently adopted her second baby. She said that when we get our girl, we will be so happy we got passed up by the other moms because our girl will be perfect for us. It was comforting to hear, exciting to know how true that will be, but it doesn't make that "no" phone call any easier.

No comments: