Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Step one, done

Well, its official. We have started the adoption process. After a long day of thinking and rethinking the situation, praying, bothering Jon at work more than normal, chatting with our friends who are also adopting and a couple more calls to the adoption agency, Jon and I have decided to adopt from Ethiopia. We submitted our application last night and paid the first of many fees. I didn't know I could be this excited and freaked out at the same time. Our information is being put in the system as we speak and we should be getting our first packet (aka a major to do list) soon.

Prasti linked me to a blog yesterday. Its about a families adoption journey. They also went through Ethiopia. Its clear that she has a strong faith. She mentioned God and his plan for their family over and over again. Its so inspiring to read. The whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking to myself that I can't wait to be that strong and that secure in my faith. I can't wait until some of the things she said just rolls off my tongue as easily as she made it seem. I hope this journey will help me get to that point. I know we (I) have a lot of work to do in that area.
Please send some prayers our way. We'll let you know when we get the information packet.

2 comments:

Connie Krebs said...

Wow, I didn't know that it cost so much to adopt and that you had to pay before you could apply for help... to pay. I will light a candle for you and the little one that is meant for your family!

Debbie said...

Faith...can only grow!!! :)