Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prayers answered

The boys were down for their naps and I was watching Bringing Home Baby, one of my TLC guilty pleasures shows. This couple was adopting a baby. I've been praying quite a bit today because a birth mom was scheduled to have a c section today and we were waiting to find out if it was a girl and if we were picked. When the show came on, I was hoping it was a sign.
About 20minutes later the phone rang. It was our social worker. The c section was bumped for emergency patients so we have no information on her. However, they just met with another girl and wanted to pass on her social/medical information to us. This mom has some issues. At this point, I can't go into the specifics. I talked to Jon and our pediatrician and while their is one area of concern, we can't say no to this baby.
I called our social worker back and asked her to submit our profile to the mom. She asked me to make sure we were confident in this decision and not just getting impatient. Any potential issues wont be known until she is born or beyond, and she could be fine, so I assured her we wanted to proceed. She said great, because she already has your profile and she picked you!
I don't think I said one coherent sentence for the next few hours. It was a lot of laughing, crying, are you kidding and so on. It still hasn't completely sunk in yet.
The birth mom will be induced next week. We'll be able to bring her home for New Years.
We still need some prayers though. We need to pray that this baby is healthy, that the boys adjust, that they will be ok for the few days we spend away from them. We have to travel to meet her and then travel for the birth and pick up and probably stay for the 72hrs in between. We also need some prayers about those 72hrs. They start once the baby is born and the birth mom can change her mind at any time until those papers are signed.
I'm shocked, excited, nervous, scared, grateful, anxious, giddy etc etc etc. This next week and a half is going to be the slowest ever, but it will be so worth it in the end. Thank you for all your prayers and please keep them coming. We'll post more as we get more information and things become more official.

No comments: